MarcSearch is a small package written in PHP which allows users to search for
records from MARC files. It is not meant as a replacement for a library system, but as an
easy way for librarys who want to go online without having to upgrade their
software or purchasing expensive add ons.
- Caching of searches
- Two phase searching
- Reads MARC files directly
- Field searching
- Search Refining
- Accent Insensitive searchng
- Support for multiple marc files
- 'Exact', 'Any', 'All' search types
- Customisable MARC fields
- 'new' search which searches for new books
- Book list for keeping track of books when browsing
- Any product which can export records in MARC format
MarcSearch requires the following:
Take a look at a Screenshot or have a look at a live system here.
The latest version of MarcSearch is always available at the SF
Information on accessing CVS is here.
A front end to the CVS repository can be found here.
If you want to help development send a message to the Development